The Poor Beggar
Series: A Book Full Of Surprises
A Poem By IRmjii
- It was Tuesday today.
- Shopping Day as i like to call it.
- I was just heading to the supermarket
- When i stopped and saw something.
- It had green smelly clothes and
- A sad look on his face.
- I ignored it and walked off
- To do my weekly shopping.
- After 10 paces i turned back
- The same thing was still there.
- I felt a bit of guilt
- As this man was poor and homeless
- But still i went to do my shopping
- And ingnored my conscience
- I almost reached the enterance
- When i stopped to turn back.
- It became even worse now
- As the same man was there
- With the same look on his face.
- Now i was even more guilty.
- I wanted to move
- So i can continue with my shopping
- But the sight of him made me
- Have trouble from moving
- This paticular man
- Who is wearing clothes
- That looked like they came from the trash
- Just makes me feel eve more guilty everytime i see him
- So to stop me from feeling ashamed
- I thew a bag of 10 pound notes at him
- Then he decided to hug me so tight
- That i ended up in hospital the next day....