This is a wiki that allows you to write fiction about anything you want. You can also interact with other users, and comment on their writing.
Failure to follow the following rules will result in:
- First offense: Warning
- Second offense: Three (3) day ban
- Third offense: Three (3) week ban
- Fifth offense: Three (3) month ban with all pages owned by offender put up for adoption
- Sixth offense: Infinite ban with all pages owned by offender either deleted or put up for adoption
- Only fiction pages are allowed here. All non-fiction pages will be deleted.
- Judgement, prejudice, and all around bullying are not allowed on this wiki.
- Do not bring drama over from another wiki or website.
- If you do not give notice to possible inactivity, your writing may be deleted or put up for adoption.
- Please post only serious pieces of work to this wiki. Any random, offensive, or spam pages will be deleted, and their authors banned. To be sure this doesn't happen to you, please proofread your work. Don't publish something you wouldn't be proud of.
What Is Allowed Here
There are four types of mainspace pages that are allowed here. They are as follows:
- Original Stories: These are completely or mostly original ideas.
- Fan Fictions: These are completely or mostly someone else's ideas/creation written with your ideas and/or plotlines/characters mixed in.
- Poems: Poems are allowed here.
Note: Collaborations are when two or more users join together to write a story. These are allowed here, but the personal category of every user involved must be put on every page in the collaboration. The Collaboration category should also be on every page concerning the collaboration.
This is a list of ratings that must be put on your story to let readers know if the story is appropriate for them. Make sure that your story is categorized with one of the ratings.
Content is generally suitable for all ages. May contain minimal cartoon, fantasy or mild violence, infrequent use of mild language, and/or minimal suggestive themes.
Content is generally suitable for ages 13 and up. May contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling and/or infrequent use of strong language.
Content is generally suitable for ages 17 and up. May contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language.
Every page must have a rating, a story status (In Progress, Coming Soon, or Complete), a category telling what kind of story it is (Fan Fictions, Original Stories, or Poem), and a user's personal category. If the page is a series page, it should have the the Series Page category; if it's in a series, the series's category; if it's in a collab, the Collaboration category; and every other user's own, personal category. All of the above categories should be spelled as they are here.
Every user can use chat, unless one or more of the following three things happen:
- A user can not use chat if they have broken one or more of the wiki rules.
- A user can not use chat if they have flooded or spammed the main chat.
- A user can not use chat if they are being rude and/or are cursing abusively.
If there is a person on chat who is not a member of this wiki but is thinking about joining, they may join the chat for a week, before they will be cut off.
Users who are active may invite others who are not of this wiki onto chat one day every week.
If a user wishes to have their story deleted, they may ask and admin to do so. It is up to the admin to decide if the page gets deleted.
It is asked however that, before asking for a page to be deleted, that it is considered for the Adopt A Story page.
ILWW is a writing wiki, and as a wiki, users can communicate with each other, whether they do so through their talk pages, on chat, in the comments section of a page, or on blogs.
However, while doing so, please try to follow these rules:
- Try to be polite.
- Keep cursing to a minimum.
- Do not talk hatefully or bash other users.
- When leaving a comment on a story, try to not be harsh.
Any member of our community may make blogs about whatever they want, as long as these blogs do not break any rules. Only active members can make blogs, unless it is a leaving or returning blog.
There is a blog limit of three non-wiki blogs per month. A non-wiki blog is a blog that does not concern wiki matters.
You can also make Writing Blogs, blogs in which you discuss your writing, or aspects of writing. These are available to help boost productivity, as one may be struggling to think of ideas. Writing blogs are separate from the blog limit, but for each Writing Blog, at least one contributive edit should be made.